The Objectives and Expected Results
The main aim of the project is to enhance landscape awareness and collaborative governance of cultural and natural landscapes through innovative learning interventions in higher education. The partners of the consortium are willing to tackle the question, how actors and stakeholders can collaborate into the governance of a landscape.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To promote integrated landscape approach in land use and environmental management.
- To enhance civic engagement to bring-on pro-environmental behavior towards every day landscapes and threatened landscapes.
- To innovate in citizen science and participatory methods as tools for landscape planning and management
- To design innovative learning environments and interventions for landscape education in order to ensure collaboration and knowledge creation.
- Exploitation of integrated landscape approach through interactive applications and participatory methods ease off the deployment of collaborative landscape governance
- Awareness of landscape values increases and citizens are more engaged to act for their local landscapes
- New knowledge and improved flow of communication between policy-makers, authorities and citizens
- Citizen science application is an open-access tool for every interested user
- Contribution to the theoretical discussion of the holistic nature of landscape
- The rise of the methodological awareness when studying landscape
- Elaboration of the connection between the landscape approach and the citizen science
- Emphasis towards the idea of open science
- New transferable HE landscape education methodologies, applications and materials
- Enhanced skills and competences of students and teachers involved in the project activities
- New pedagogical innovations based to the socio-constructivist learning theory
- Increased ability of involved students to comprehend and act on the multifaceted processes of landscape governance
- Innovative learning environments and interventions play significant role in landscape education